Sailing Mentor Program
In order to put more camaraderie into our sailing club, we are offer a Sailing Mentor program for are new students and sailors. This will give our new or inexperienced club members the opportunity to learn from and practice skills with those that have the most experience and time on the water! If you are a new sailor interested in spending more time on the water while working on your new skills, take a look at our current mentors. You may contact them using our online contact forms to plan your next outing.
Become a Sailing Mentor Meeting
April 21, 2012 in Mission Bay at 11 am
You may want to become a Seaforth sailing mentor if your an experienced sailor who wants to help our new sailors gain confidence on the water. All possible mentors must go through the meeting, a written skills test, and an on-the-water skills test.
When you are interested in setting up a sail with a mentor it's easy! Just follow these steps:
- Contact a mentor by clicking on the email link of someone listed below. You will be sending them an email and this is the information that they will need to know:
- Where and what time are you planning on reserving the boat? If you are planning on sailing on the weekend it is best to make a reservation to ensure that you will have a boat available, especially during our busy season (May-September). We highly recommend that you schedule something for the weekday only because there will be better boat availability as well as space to sail in the bays.
- Why do you want to sail with a mentor? Is it a lack of confidence, experience, or have you recently had a boating accident?
- What skills do wish to improve on that will make you feel more confident sailing on your own?
- What boats have you sailed before and with what frequency?
- What weather conditions and tides have you normally sailed in?
- If you have had any problems while out on a boat please explain in detail.
- Once you have come to an agreement with your mentor about where you will sail, what boat you're going to rent, and what time you are sailing for call to reserve your boat. This is the only way to ensure that you will actually have a boat available for you.